ART Hubs and Teaching Centres
ART Hubs and Teaching Centres consist of groups of teachers regularly teaching together using the ART approach and the Learning the Ropes Scheme.
Some may be quite small with just a couple of teachers, others may comprise a cluster of towers with a larger group of teachers. The larger partnerships will typically:
- Run ART Training Scheme courses for new teachers.
- Support the Learning the Ropes curriculum.
- Have a youth group or support youth recruitment and teaching.
- Be involved with the recruitment of new ringers.
- Promote ringing to the general public.
At an ART Teaching Centre all teaching is carried out by ART Members whereas teaching within a Hub may be carried out by non-Members under the supervision of a Member.
The ART Hubs and Centres offer
These partnerships offer new and developing ringers:
guarantee that you will be taught well using a progressive, modern
teaching scheme. Learning will be structured and fun and progress
- Teaching that is tailored to your needs and offers lots of varied ringing opportunities.
- A sense of camaraderie because you are learning together and the social life associated with a wider group.
- Assurance that all teachers will be following ART safeguarding policies and guidelines.
- An environment that is well-organised and well-resourced.
will be teaching as a team with like-minded teachers. Your hard work
and dedication will lead to the best results – and it will be fun.
- You won't have to do everything yourself – you are part of a team.
- The concept and way of working of an official partnership with ART strongly appeals to the expectations of new ringers.
- ART will support your safeguarding and insurance needs.
- ART will promote you to new ringers on the ART website.
Expectations of Teaching Hubs and Centres
- Keep and maintain equipment and facilities to teach bell handling and change ringing.
- Hold regular practices focused on the Learning the Ropes curriculum.
- Support practices with theory or hold theory workshops.
- Work within ART Policies and Guidelines.
- Teaching carried out by ART Members (Teaching Centres) or under the supervision of an ART Member (Hubs) using ART Training Scheme Techniques.
- New ringers are
registered on the Learning the Ropes scheme.
- Promote group teaching with an intensive teaching approach.
- If they can, give an annual donation to ART.
- Support learning for other towers.
Interested in working in partnership with ART?
you would like to become an ART Teaching Hub or Centre or need advice then please contact Lesley Boyle our Hubs and Centres Coordinator.